Jernej Damjan and team Norway were the winners of the World Cup competitions in Ruka in Finland. Check out the statistical summary to see who was jumping with front wind and who had no luck.
The Highest number of minus points for the wind in one jump:*
- Richard Freitag – qualification: -16.5 p.;
- Niko Kytoesaho – qualification: -15.9 p.;
- Davide Bresadola – qualification: -15.1 p.;
- William Rhoads – qualification: -13.9 p.;
- Markus Eisenbichler – qualification: -12.9 p.;
- Simon Ammann – qualification: -12.2 p.;
- Manuel Poppinger – qualification: -11.9 p.;
Michael Glasder – qualification: -11.9 p.;
- Stephan Leyhe – qualification: -11.8 p.;
- Stefan Hula – qualification: -11.1 p.
The highest number of plus points in one jump:*
- Zeno di Lenardo – team competition – 1st round: +8.8 p.;
- Kevin Bickner -qualification: +7.4 p.;
- Vojtech Stursa – team competition – 1st round: +6.5 p.;
- Maciej Kot – team competition – 1st round: +5.5 p.;
- Nikolay Karpenko – team competition – 1st round: +5.2 p.;
- Jarkko Maeaettae – team competition – 1st round: +4.7 p.;
- Janne Ahonen – team competition – 1st round: +3.8 p.;
- Anze Semenic – team competition – 1st round: +3.5 p.;
- Gregor Deschwanden – team competition – 2nd round: +3 p.;
- Marat Zhaparov – team competition – 1st round: +2.7 p.
What’s worth the attention?
- All the ten jumps with the highest minus points were executed during Friday’s qualification. The best front wind had Richard Freitag.
- Italy’s Zeno di Lenardo had the worst wind conditions. Kevin Bickner wasn’t the luckiest one either.
Ski jumpers with the lowest wind compensation points:*
- Junshiro Kobayashi: -28.1 p.;
- Kamil Stoch: -26.8 p.;
- Richard Freitag: -25.9 p.;
- Simon Ammann: -25.3 p.;
Stefan Hula: -25.3 p.;
- Stefan Kraft: -24.3 p.;
- Michael Hayboeck: -23.9 p.;
- Daniel Andre Tande: -23.2 p.;
- Dawid Kubacki: -23.1 p.;
- Halvor Egner Granerud: -22.5 p.;
Jernej Damjan: -22.5 p.
Ski jumpers with the Highest wind compensation points:*
- Zeno di Lenardo: +8.8 p.;
- Kevin Bickner: +7.4 p.;
- Jarkko Maeaettae: +4.5 p.;
- Nikolay Karpenko: +1.2 p.;
- Jurij Tepes: +1.1 p.;
- Manuel Poppinger: +0.1 p.
What’s worth attention?
- Only six athletes got plus compensation points.
- The leader of the overall World Cup ranking – Junshiro Kobayashi – had the best wind conditions in Ruka. Due to that he had -28.1 points.
Rounds with average wind compensation:*
- qualification: -6.52 p.;
- 2nd round – individual competition: -4.56 p.;
- 2nd round – team competition: -4 p.;
- 1st round – individual competition: -2.34 p.;
- 1st round – team competition: -0.23 p.
What’s worth the attention?
- Most of the athletes were jumping in Ruka in front wind.
* based on the results of the qualification, team and individual competition.